To flash a custom rom, rooting with super su or flashing any non-factory zip files, factory reset without losing internal storage data, you need a custom recovery. You can even remove a password/pattern/pin if you know which file to mess with.
Long story short here is a TWRP port for TECNO W1. Included in the download is the device’s scatter file for easy and convenient flashing.
- Windows PC. 7/8/10
- SP Flash Tool (link below)
- USB Cable
- TWRP Recovery (link below)
- Download and extract the recovery.
- Fire up SP Flash Tool, load the scatter from the extracted folder
- Power down your device
- Click download on SP Flash tool
- Connect your device to PC with usb cable. Wait for the green flash completion mark and voila, we’re done.